When first responders and emergency personnel leave the scene of a disaster, survivors often fall prey to predatory solicitors, scams, misinformation, and/or make decisions that have serious long term implications. The Red Guide to Recovery is the only resource of its kind, and designed specifically to walk disaster survivors step-by-step through the recovery process.
- Recovery from any disaster is chaotic and stressful, but with access to the right information when you need it, you will be empowered to make wise choices.
- The Red Guide to Recovery takes the mask of mystery off of recovery process and puts you on an equal playing field with the many challenges you may face in the aftermath of a disaster event.
- See our Chapter Content Overview for details on the topics covered in this unique handbook.
Customize as a Community Resource
- Let us share how Fire Departments have successfully used The Red Guide to Recovery as part of their first responder efforts, and how it can compliment your emergency services.
- A perfect community outreach tool, The Red Guide to Recovery supports the transition from hands-on support of first responders, to the recovery phase residents must navigate on their own. When a resident asks, “What do I do now?”, you can provide a resource to walk them step-by-step through the process of rebuilding their lives.
- The Red Guide to Recovery can be customized to suit the needs of any agency, city, or state in the U.S. and can be used for CERT training, disaster preparedness, business continuity education, personal resiliency, and a wide range of other purposes.