The Red Guide to Recovery is the most comprehensive disaster recovery resource available. It is designed to walk disaster survivors step-by-step through the recovery process, while raising awareness of the many pitfalls that present themselves in the days, weeks, and months following disaster events. It is also a disaster preparedness road-map that reveals what the recovery process entails so you can prepare for recovery even before a disaster strikes.
The key to rebounding after a disaster is knowing your plan for recovery and making informed decisions in the midst of all the chaos and confusion. The Red Guide to Recovery empowers you with the tools you need to make those decisions and rebuild your life.
- Emergency services to secure and protect property
- Displacement and relocation tips
- Disaster relief and financial assistance
- Homeowners & Renters insurance issues after a loss
- Personal property considerations
- Smoke and water damage information
- Estimating repair costs to structural damages
- Public insurance adjuster services
- Hazardous material concerns
- Safety and precautions after a disaster
- Trauma intervention and grief counseling
- Avoiding disaster scams
- Phone directory with federal government
agencies and websites