Last updated: 3/14/2011.
4. The Material contains opinions and advice for disaster preparedness and recovery, but these opinions and advice may not be accurate, current or appropriate for your particular circumstance. THE MATERIAL IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND YOU HEREBY ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN RELIANCE ON THE OPINIONS AND ADVICE CONTAINED IN THE MATERIAL. PROVIDER, PROVIDER’S LICENSORS (INCLUDING SEAN SCOTT) AND LICENSEES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, SUBSIDIARIES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND OTHER AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY, “AFFILIATES”) MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY MATERIAL. WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIAL, PROVIDER AND ITS AFFILIATES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
6. This website is a provider of “interactive computer services” under the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C. Section 230, and as such, Provider’s liability for defamation and other claims arising out of any postings to this site by third parties is limited as described therein. Provider is not responsible for content or any other information posted to this site by third parties. Provider neither warrant the accuracy of such postings or exercise any editorial control over such posts, nor does Provider assume any legal obligation for editorial control of content posted by third parties or liability in connection with such postings, including any responsibility or liability for investigating or verifying the accuracy of any content or any other information contained in such postings.
7. This website is an Internet “service provider” under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”). As Required by the DMCA, this website maintains specific contact information provided below, including an e-mail address, for notifications of claimed infringement regarding materials posted to this website. All notices of claimed infringement should be addressed to the Provider at the contact information specified below in the paragraph titled “QUESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.” You may contact Provider with complaints regarding allegedly infringing posted material and we will investigate those complaints. If Provider believes in good faith that the posted material violates any applicable law, Provider will remove or disable access to any such material, and will notify the posting party that the material has been blocked or removed.
In notifying Provider of alleged copyright infringement, the DMCA requires that you include the following information: (i) description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of claimed infringement; (ii) description of the infringing material and information sufficient to permit Provider to locate the alleged material; (iii) contact information for you, including your address, telephone number and/or e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or by the operation of any law; (v) a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and (vi) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Failure to include all of the above-listed information may result in the delay of the processing of your complaint.
8. This website may from time to time include advertisements of other parties (“Advertisers”), and links to the websites of other parties (“Other Websites”). We are not responsible for, and we do not endorse, any Advertisers, any Other Websites, or any products, services, or materials available from Advertisers or Other Websites. We do not have any control over, and we do not assume any responsibility for, Advertisers and Other Websites. You should investigate Advertisers and Other Websites to your satisfaction prior to acquiring or using their products or services, and you should investigate the privacy policies, content, and practices of Other Websites prior to using Other Websites. You must make your own decision at your own risk regarding whether to do business with or use Advertisers or Other Websites, and we are not responsible for the results of your doing business with Advertisers or your visiting or using Other Websites. YOU HEREBY ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED FROM ANY ADVERTISERS AND YOUR USE OF OTHER WEBSITES. FURTHER, YOU HEREBY AGREE NOT TO SUE US IN CONNECTION WITH, AND YOU RELEASE US FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE SUSTAINED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH, ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED FROM ANY ADVERTISERS OR YOUR USE OF OTHER WEBSITES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ANYONE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY ADVERTISERS, ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RECEIVED FROM ANY ADVERTISERS, OR THE USE OF OTHER WEBSITES.
9. PROVIDER DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (D) ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE MATERIAL OR ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (E) THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THIS WEBSITE AND ITS SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU AGREE TO USE THIS WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. California users are entitled to the following consumer rights information under California Civil Code § 1789.3: If this website charges for services, products, content, or information, pricing information will be posted as part of the ordering process for this website. We maintain specific contact information including an e-mail address for notifications of complaints and for inquiries regarding pricing policies in accordance with California Civil Code Section 1789.3. All correspondence should be addressed to Heritage Publishing & Communications, Ltd. at the contact information provided below. The California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at 1-800-952-5210 or 1-916-445-1254.
The Red Guide to Recovery
P.O. Box 927498
San Diego, CA 92192-7498