Book Sean for Your Event
Sean is an accomplished, dynamic speaker offering presentations that can be tailored to the needs of your group or organization.
- Sean Scott is a second-generation restoration contractor by trade who has spent over 38 years in the construction and disaster restoration industry. Most of this experience has involved assisting literally thousands of individuals and families rebuild their homes and businesses after fires, floods, and other disaster events.
- In 2003 and again in 2007, wildfires swept through Southern California destroying nearly 6,000 homes and damaging countless others. It was in the weeks and months following these events that many survivors found themselves unable to rebuild or return home. These events compelled Sean to embark on a mission to utilize his expertise and experience and create a recovery road-map to walk disaster survivors step-by-step through the recovery process.
- Since 2009, Sean’s book The Red Guide to Recovery – Resource Handbook for Disaster Survivors, has been adopted by emergency management agencies, fire departments, Native American Tribes, relief organizations, and businesses across the U.S.
- It is now Sean’s desire to share valuable insight on not only how to recover from disaster events, but also how to prepare for recovery by illustrating vital tools people need to rebuild their homes and lives.
Speech and Training Topics
Disaster Recovery – Decoding the Pitfalls of Recovery
- This presentation sheds light on the recovery process and reveals many of the unique pitfalls facing disaster survivors, including the emotional, legal and financial challenges survivors face in the days, weeks, and months that follow a disaster event. Sean provides valuable insight on how to prepare for recovery and become more resilient.
Don’t Be A Victim Twice! Training for Resiliency
- Sean Scott will share actual recovery experiences including successes and horror stories. He will help you understand how to avoid opportunists and select qualified services. Sean will share how to maximize your insurance claim with a little advance preparation and provide free tools he has created to support the process of recovery.
- Sean Scott, Author of The Red Guide to Recovery
- Read News Stories about Sean and The Red Guide
- Ezine Articles by Sean Scott
- Watch Sean Scott and The Red Guide to Recovery in feature Videos and TV News Stories